Thursday, May 19, 2005

Feta Dill Tuna cakes

I hate Tuna noodle casserole. With a vengance. And so I've always been leary of cooked tuna. But I really like these tuna cakes, though. They've got great flavor and texture and are pretty quick and easy to make. Another plus is that I get to use feta cheese, which I really like, but don't find too many things to use it in.
Give these a try. I like to use solid white tuna packed in water.

Feta Dill Tuna cakes
Ingredients:
2 cans Solid White Tuna, packed in water, DRAINED
1 Large egg
1 Tablespoon olive oil
8 to 10 saltine crackers, crushed fine
2 Tablespoons dried dill
2 green onions, chopped
4 Tablespoons (or more!) crumbled Feta cheese

Directions:
Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl (get your hands into it!) .
Form into patties - I usually make 5 or 6. Don't make them too fat, but not too thin either.
Brown in olive oil over medium to medium-high heat.

We usually have these with a salad, creamed spinich, sometimes even with baked steak fries.

Enjoy

No comments: