Saturday, May 21, 2005

My first photo on this blog...

STOVE_SMALL

This is my stove a 1950 Frigidaire model RM-60 electric range. It's been in the house since 1950, when it was purchased, replacing a 1938 magic chef model 3800. the old Magic Chef still lives inthe basement. I really need to get rid of that one, I could use the space!

Everything onthis old range works except the clock. The oven is unbelievably accurate, even after 55 years. If I set the oven to be at 350, it will get up to and stay at 350. period. it cooks well, especially after I've become accustomed to using it over the last 14 years. Ilike it, but would gladly trade it for a nice modern gas range or, preferably, a fabulous 1940's O'Keefe & Merritt Vintage Gas Range though I'd settle for a Wedgewood, or Chambers (like Rachael Ray's). Yeah, I know...Dream on...

No comments: