Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Thank goodness that's over...

It's been almost a month since winter hit Columbus in a big, big way with 18 inches of snow in our neighborhood over about a 24 hour period.

Boogie shot this as I attempted to dig the cars out.
Little did I know I'd be digging another 6 inches later on.


Since then we've had rain, sleet, rain, hail, sun, wind, cold rain, sun, warm rain, cold rain and more rain. And I think that was just the following week. Welcome to Ohio weather. What's that old saying?,"If you don't like the weather, wait ten minutes."? Coined by an Ohioan, I'm sure.

Nothing new here, just some of photos of the "Blizzard of 2008":

First, my "winter wonderland" picture
ok, everyone say "aaaawwww...


Our snowy backyard


The driveway - this one car LONG driveway was a real pain to clear. I only did one side, right up the side of the house and was running out of places to move the snow to. The wind blew the snow to carve the shapes on the cars. My wife thought they looked like the ugliest vehicle on earth, the Pontiac Aztec. She made me clean them off right after she noticed.


There were a few others out, mostly dog walkers. The dogs seemed to really like the end of my driveway.


I'll have to check the weather report before I really believe it's all over - for now.

Enjoy,
Lorence

No comments: