This is one of my favorite salmon recipes. It always turns out moist and has great flavor. The veggies make it a nice rounded 1 pot meal with a short prep time of only about 10 minutes.
This is a 4 serving recipe.
Roasted Salmon with Carrots, Mushrooms & New Potatoes
¼ cup olive or other vegetable oil
¼ cup chopped parsley (optional)
2 cloves minced garlic
¾ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
8 small red potatoes (~1 pound), unpeeled
2 large carrots
½ pound small mushrooms
1 pound thick salmon fillet
1. Preheat the oven to 450°.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the oil, parsley (if using), garlic, salt and pepper.
3. Quarter the potatoes (or, if they are large, cut them into 3/4-inch cubes). Cut the carrots on the diagonal into ½ inch slices. Cut the scallions (white and tender green parts) into 2-inch sections. If the mushrooms are large, halve them.
4. Scatter the potatoes, carrots, scallions and mushrooms over the bottom of a shallow 1½-quart baking dish. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the garlic oil over them and toss gently to coat. Place the dish in the oven and roast until the potatoes are almost done and beginning to brown, about 30 minutes; stir the vegetables once or twice to ensure even cooking.
5. Meanwhile, cut the salmon into 1½-inch cubes. Add the salmon to the bowl of garlic oil and toss gently to coat.
6. Lower the oven temperature to 375°. Gently stir the vegetables in the baking dish, scatter the salmon on top and roast until the vegetables are tender and the salmon just flakes when tested with a fork, about 10 minutes longer.