Yes, I love shrimp and tonight I tried something a bit different with it. This creation got mixed reviews, though. I liked it, my 5 year old loved it, but my wife, well, not so much. the inspiration for this cam from Betty Crocker's New Cookbook (1996). give it a try and tell me what you think.
Spicy Brown rice, Lentils and Shrimp
2 Tablespoon butter
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic crushed
1/2 cup dried lentils sorted & rinsed
1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
1 pound raw sheeled shrimp (31-40 size)
1 can (10 1/2 ounce) condensed chicken broth
1/2 broth can water (~5 ounces)
1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
1 medium green pepper, coarsely chopped (~1 cup)
a bit of finely shredded fresh parmesan
1. Melt the butter in a 2 quart saucepan over medium heat
2. Cook the onion and garlic unitl the onion is tender, stirring occcasionaly
3. Stir in the lentils, rice, broth, water, & Tabasco sauce
4. Heat the nixture until it boils, then turn the heat to low
Cover and simmer about 45 minutes adding an ounce of water or more if neccessary, until the rice is tender and the lquid is absorbed (don't add too much water!)
5. Mix in the shrimp and green pepper, add another ounce of water, cover and cook, stirring after a couple of minutes, until the shrimp is cooked through.
6. Serve with a light sprinkling of the parmesan.