Friday, August 06, 2010

Vanilla Peach Sorbet


This is Sorbet recipe attempt #2, a la Martha Stewart's recipe (I previously posted the recipe as I made it with Blackberries). I was ok with the blackberry version, but berries always seem a bit 'grainy' to me - it's a texture thing, what with all of the seeds...the flavor was great, though. Since peaches are in season right now, I thought I'd try them out this way. And for some reason, I thought a bit of vanilla flavor would be great with them. I was almost right - wrong vanilla, but great flavor.

So here's what I did:
Peeled and cut up 12 oz of fresh peaches.
Froze said peaches overnight
Process the peaches as in the original recipe - a few good bursts to break the up;
then whir the crap out of them while adding the 1/4 cup of vanilla'd syrup (1/4 cup water with 1/4 cup sugar dissolved in it + 1 teaspoon of pure REAL vanilla extract).
Push the mixture back down into the processor and keep processing until smooth.
Freeze for a couple of hours.
Eat.
Say Mmmmm......


It was quite tasty and I ate nearly all of it over the next 3 days - I did share some, though;
I'm not that mean.

You have to try this with your favorite fruit. Next up for us: Chocolate Strawberry sorbet.

Enjoy,
Lorence

No comments: