Friday, February 25, 2005

Quick shrimp and pasta

I know, I know, I said I was going to cook tonight. Friday's are just kinda hectic, and I'm usually pretty tired, so I just threw some stuff together.
I started some penne cooking, then in my big pan, I heated up some olive oil (oh, about 3 Tablespoons or so) and threw in 4 or 5 large minced garlic cloves, about half of a roasted red pepper (cut up) and a couple of choped up roma tomatoes. I had a pound of peeled shrimp tossed with half a teaspoon each of oregano and basil which went into the pan. I tossed it all around 'til the shrimp were done, then dropped the drained pasta in and shook that all about. Served it with a tossed salad and Ken's Creamy parmesan peppercorn dressing. Not too bad for a throw together.

Lunch was that leftover tarragon-rosemary chicken. I also had some greens with cabbage and ginger honey glazed carrots from the cafeteria. The greens were great (they're always great - the cafeteria has the best greens in town!) and worked well as an accompaniment to the chicken, but the carrots were way too sweet and didn't really go with the chicken at all.

I'm not sure what's up for tomorrow. Maybe some salmon on Sunday, though.
----Lorence

No comments: